I am please to say that I will be retiring on 31st March 2019. After 18 years of helping people to be fit and healthy, it is time to think about myself, but also spend more time with my family and friends.
I will keep my website available for another year, so you can still access my advice, but here are a few last tips I would like to share with you:
- When you go for a walk, you should still be able to say hello to passers-by, but not sing.
- Whatever you are doing in life, remember to breathe.
- Think about your eating habits. Try to cut down on sugar and ready meals. The internet is full of people showing you easy recipes.
- Drink some still water.
- Sit down to eat your food.
- If you have arthritis, try gentler exercise that doesn’t put too much strain on your joints.
One of my favourite stretches is a whole body twist while laying on the floor.
Make sure your body is warm. You could do this in bed first thing in the morning, after you have done some exercise or household chores.
Lay down on your back and bend both knees so that your feet are flat on the floor. Take both arms out wide to the side, in line with your shoulders, then gently let both knees drop over to one side. Breathe naturally then gently lift the knees over to the other side. The first time you may feel uncomfortable but gently repeat this 3 times and the stretch should feel easier.
I would like to thank all my clients and class participants over the last 18 years. I hope you have had some fun and I really appreciate your support.
My final tip to you would be
A Kind Word Never Hurt Anyone